Applications of Furrow and Micro Irrigation in Arid and Semi-Arid Regions, the fifth volume in the Research Advances in Sustainable Micro Irrigation series, addresses the ever-challenging need for irrigation systems in arid and semi-arid regions of the world, areas that are suffering from severe water shortages. These areas, such as Egypt, Tunisia, most of Africa, and parts of South America, Central America, and Australia, find it a struggle to grow crops sustainably with the water available.
This important book emphasizes sustainable agriculture practices to promote increased water usage efficiency in dry areas for growing of crops. It presents a variety of research and studies on such topics as:
• Meteorological instruments for water management
• Buried micro irrigation laterals for soil water retention
• Water vapor flux models
• Performance of various crops grown under different irrigation methods
• Scheduling of irrigation
• Phyto-monitoring techniques
This valuable book is a must for those finding it a challenge to maintain sustainable crop production in the midst of continuous water shortages in areas where water is not naturally plentiful. With contributions from authors with hands-on experience in the field, the book will be an invaluable reference and guide to effective micro irrigation methods.
* If download links doesn't work. Please write a comment.Applications of Furrow and Micro Irrigation in Arid and Semi-Arid Regions (Research Advances in Sustainable Micro Irrigation) Download via usenet