Let’s Learn English is designed for Seventh Year Basic Education pupils. It is made up of two interdependent Books : a Student Book and an Activity Book. * Let’s Learn English contains five modules dealing with themes that cover the requirements of the English Programmes – Year Seven Basic Education. Each module is divided into 4 input sections and a review. Each section proposes several activities. Ample description on how to use the various activities is provided in the Teacher’s Book.
* We have drawn upon various methodological principles while working on Let’s Learn English since no one single approach or method can claim to be
exhaustive and far-reaching.
* We have opted for principled eclecticism through the proposal of a variety of techniques, advocated by different approaches and methods. Role play, minicry, physical responses and repetition are but some of these techniques.
* It is our belief that learner-centredness and autonomous learning are essential in teaching a foreign language. Therefore, most of the activities proposed in Let’s Learn English aim at involving the learner while encouraging learner autonomy.
Project Work – the ultimate in collaborative learning is initiated as early as the first module. The purpose is to encourage autonomous and collaborative learning through the achievement of simple projects.
* Recreational and ludic activities (time for a song / time for a joke / listen and colour, etc) are meant to motivate the young learners and meet their needs for fun and anxiety-free atmosphere while learning a new language.
* We shall conclude with a word of caution : Let’s Learn English - in its first edition - surely presents weaknesses and limitations. In this regard, any criticism and suggestions for improvements that could be incorporated in the second edition will be welcome.
* If download links doesn't work. Please write a comment.Let's Learn English : Student Book Download via usenet