This innovative textbook provides a readable, contemporary and fully integrated introduction to endocrine glands, their hormones and how their function relates to homeostasis. It explores the pathology of endocrine disease by relating the underpinning science through a wealth of clinical scenarios and examples. The book integrates basic and clinical aspects for a range of endocrine glands and their hormones and includes a number of specialist chapters that also address areas of intense research and clinical interest including the regulation of salt, appetite and endocrine-immune interactions.
- Provides a fully-integrated, scientific and clinical introduction to endocrinology.
- Includes a wealth of colour illustrations to reinforce key concepts.
- Introduces clinical scenarios and leading questions to engage interest and illustrate the relevance of the underpinning science.
- Includes key references and suggestions for further reading at the end of each chapter.
Written by a highly respected and experienced author team this new textbook will prove invaluable to students needing an original, integrated introduction to the subject across a variety of disciplines including biomedical science, pharmacology , bioengineering and pre-clinical medicine.
* If download links doesn't work. Please write a comment.Essential Integrative Endocrinology Download via usenet