Much time is spent working out how to optimize the acoustics of large rooms, such as auditoria, but the acoustics of small rooms and environments can be just as vital. The expensive sound equipment of a recording studio or the stereo in a car or living room is likewise rendered useless if the acoustic environment is not right for them.
Changes in wavelength to room size ratio and the time difference between the direct and reflected sound at the listening location mean that the acoustics of small spaces are quite different to those of large spaces. Tackling these specific aspects of physics, sound perception, and applications for small spaces, Acoustics of Small Rooms brings together important facets of small room acoustics. Divided into clear sections, it covers:
• Sound propagation the effects of boundaries, sound absorbers and diffusers
• Physiology and psychoacoustics
• Methods and techniques of room and sound field optimization
• Examples of how these principles apply to control rooms, stereo, surround and home theater as well as music practice rooms
• Measurement and modeling techniques
* If download links doesn't work. Please write a comment.Acoustics of Small Rooms Download via usenet